Monday, March 27, 2017

Fly on the Wall

Kranky Granny’s poor old blog seems to have more time outs than all the sports teams and misbehaving children in the country combined.  My apologies for not giving you’ll a heads up to the latest absence. 

If you could have been a fly on the wall, of our humble abode, over the last month you would have thought you were in a testing center for fog horns.  Thanks to the round robin of croupy coughs that hubby and I have been passing back and forth.  At one point, I called our doctor’s office hoping to make an appointment only to learn that he was out of the office with the flu.  A few days later I caved and we went to the urgent care center hoping for a refill of our cough syrup.  We came away with a lot more.   Turned out we both had sinus infections, hubby had a bad case of bronchitis and I was diagnosed with pneumonia.


I’m no stranger to pneumonia. I’ve had at least a dozen bouts over the years.   While the medicine may help the pneumonia it also puts me to sleep.  So, I spent the next ten days scaring the tar out of my husband.  He never knew a person could do so much sleeping. Eighteen hours a day on average.  I took the last of the medicine Saturday morning and now (Monday evening) feel I have finally slept off the last of it. 

 Last Friday was our Tenth wedding anniversary and we had made plans to celebrate with a trip to someplace warm and sandy, but that never happened.  I’m just glad I procrastinated on making those reservations. I did manage to get a small celebratory post on Facebook between naps.


We did have one date scheduled that we forced ourselves to keep.  We had been making plans with my brother and his wife to go visit their new place in the country for months and the dates got rescheduled several times by both sides.  When this last one came around we just forced ourselves to put on our adult panties and tuff it out.  Turned out to be one of the few sunny days this month and despite having to down cough syrup every few hours we actually had a very nice time.  I even took my camera and got a few decent shots that I will share soon.          

6 comments:

  1. Get completely well soon and celebrate that anniversary again when you feel like doing something... it is still the 10th year anyway, so that counts. Don't overdo until you're sure that pneumonia is totally gone, but I'm sure you already know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick or not, your writing style cracks me up! Testing center for fog-horns? LOL.
    NOT so LOL, what the two of you have endured. Thank God you chose to visit that urgent care.

    Congratulations on the big 1-0! So happy the two of you found one another!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope it passes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness you have been having a rough go of it. I am happy you are now on the mend! Coughing all the time is so exhausting!! Welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! I'm just checking in. Hope you are doing well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping the gap is because you are happy and busy rather than unwell. All the best.

    ReplyDelete