Thursday, February 23, 2017

Pajamas and crazy socks


I was so sick of all the political junk on television that I have given up watching news and talk shows.  As a result,  I've gone back to reading more.


Image result for people in pajamas cartoonsAccording to an article, I read in the Daily Mail, men only change their pajamas every 13 days, on average. Women wait even longer – upwards of 17 days.  Read more here. 

This certainly does not pertain to any guy I have ever known.  I could never get my first husband to wear pajamas. A tee shirt and underwear were the best I could hope for.   While my current husband does wear pajamas he changes them almost daily.  As for me, I sleep in a nightgown and they get replaced every night because I seldom change out of it until after breakfast. By then I have a map of everything I came into contact with all over the front of my nightie. 

A study published in the Journal of consumer Research investigated the theory that people who are nonconformists can potentially be viewed as being more high status and more competent than those who conform to social norms.  Their findings were that people who wear crazy socks are more brilliant, creative and successful. Read more here. 




Here is a photo of my sock drawer.  What does this say about me?  I guess ninety percent of my
socks are white. So, I must be a stupid failure that can't color inside the lines.     


  


In another article, 43% of pilots admit to falling asleep during flights, and 33% report waking up to find that their co-pilot had fallen asleep as well. Yet we only have a 1 in 2,067,000 chance of dying in a plane crash. How could that be?  Another article said we have 1 in 423,548 chance of dying from falling out of bed.  According to the Center for Disease Control, falling out of bed accounts for 1.8 million emergency room visits and over 400 thousand hospital admissions each year killing 450 people annually. 

Sounds like it's time I start doing my sleeping on an airplane. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure where I fit into the sock thing. If I'm wearing long pants (I usually don't), there is a good chance that my socks won't match. I should really sort them all out.

    I almost always wear pj's. I tuck the leg bottoms into my socks. Also wear a long sleeved pj top, with a t-shirt underneath it. I don't know why, but it's kind of odd because I almost NEVER wear long pants (besides pj's).

    When it comes to flying, I'm not even close to a white knuckler, but I usually can't totally fall asleep. Maybe after reading these statistics, I'll be able to!

    ReplyDelete