Friday, February 3, 2017

Second Chances and Regrets


According to Kevin Hansen, founder of HYPERLINK "http://www.secretregrets.com/"  Secret Regrets, we all have a lot to get off our chests: More than 10,000 people have anonymously posted their answers to that question on his site.  He's compiled them all into  "Secret Regrets: What If You Had a Second Chance?" which is now an Amazon bestseller on  Kindle.

Reading this poses Three questions for me.

What's the biggest regret of your life? 
What if you had a second chance?
Would you discuss one or both openly in a public forum?  

Yes, I have regrets.  I don't think you could be human and not.  Yes,  I have kept some of my regrets a secret.  Some I have tried to make amends for.  Some I would love to have a second chance at correcting if I could do it with full hindsight.  I'm afraid that without hindsight I would continue to make the same mistake over and over.  Like Bill Murray in the movie Groundhog Day. 

As to discussing my biggest regret in a public forum or on my blog.  I have already tried that in some form several times only to dance around the most hurtful of the facts.  But, discussing it has not reduced the amount of guilt I still feel over the events of that fateful night. Perhaps I will give it another go someday.  

How about you?



1 comment:

  1. Yes, you've definitely hit a nerve (or several). :)
    I don't know that I'll ever be strong enough to share my regrets in a public forum. Nevertheless ... I, too, feel an enormous amount of unresolved guilt. Perhaps that's the price of having lived.

    ReplyDelete