When I setup this blog, I had several names in mind all of which were not available. I was stumped, then suddenly “Kranky Granny” just popped into my head. No idea why. But I have to admit that it's rapidly becoming the truth.
Lately, it seems that no matter what I do or where I go something has to disrupt my peace of mind, wear on my nerves, make me wish I could give someone a good tongue lashing or a nice wallop upside their head. I am certainly becoming a cranky old lady.
Here are just a few of the things that made me cranky this week:
- Why is it that almost every TV program I watch has the background music so loud that I have trouble hearing the dialog?
- Don’t they train cashiers anymore? I don’t like having my items tossed willy-nilly in the sacks. Cold items should be together, chemicals not mixed with food, bottles stood right-side up and not lying on their side, clothes should be somewhat folded, bags should be weight balanced and able to stand upright. Is that asking too much?
- Why must my phone always stop ringing the moment I finally get it fished out of my pocket or purse?
- Twice a year the city mails out notices with the rules for our weekly trash collection. Why do I have to live near the one person who refuses to obey those rules and blocks my mailbox, every single day, with his rubbish?
- Am I the only person who never gets the right order when using the drive-thru at my favorite fast food restaurant?
Then perhaps I have no reason to complain. At least, I didn't have a porcupine fall off a lamp-post onto my head like this poor Brazilian woman leaving her with 272 quills in her scalp.