Friday, January 3, 2014

New Adventure




I started my first blog in 2005 when I was single.  That led to a new blog once I married.  After my husband presented me with a very nice digital camera I started a photo blog so I could share my work.  I was sailing along, marveling that there were people out there who actually wanted to follow me,  Then cancer happened.  For a long time I  couldn't find the energy to continue posting and once the desire returned I found the things I had been posting had become too saccharin for the new me.  Plus, my continuing health problems stopped me from seeking photo opts and story ideas like I once did.

The fact is,  facing a possible death sentence changes how you see and think about yourself and the world around you.   While I have always been outspoken. I was careful to not put anything into print that would embarrass or offend the people I come into daily contact with. My new view of this world formed from 60 plus years of struggling, coping, picking up the pieces and starting over is not as sunny as I tried to make it before I got sick.

I have no idea where this will go,  I just know I need something that will stir my creative juices while allowing me to occasionally vent my frustrations with the changes that old age is forcing into my life.   

I hope that whatever the results of this new effort turn out to be, it will be something you can relate to and hopefully enjoy enough to want to pop around occasionally for a visit.  

  

2 comments:

  1. Your writing is enough on a blog. (Provided it's interesting that is, and I'm sure it will be!) Photographs are great but not essential. None the less, it will be interesting to learn over time whether your experiences over the last year have changed the way you see the world visually as well as intellectually - whether the subject matter which interests you, even the angle of your lens has changed. Maybe the odd picture will creep in - but don't feel obliged! Very best wishes. Whatever happens, however your health progresses, I hope you will have a wonderful 2014. Best wishes. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita!
    I’m sorry that you've been through so much and very happy to see that you are feeling up to giving blogging another go. I’m really looking forward to seeing your posts! Photos, no photos, or a few photos. No matter...
    Again, I’m happy to see you at it again Rita.

    ReplyDelete